Saturday, January 7, 2012

OH, MAN! THIS IS GONNA' HURT

If I could get the on-line streaming set on this blog, you would be hearing Michael W. Smith's "Friends" right now.   Help me out, folks, and sing with me now:

"Packing up the dreams God planted in the fertile soil of you.  
I can't believe the hopes He's granted means a chapter in your life is through.  
But we'll keep you close as always.  It won't even seem you've gone cuz
 our hearts in big and small ways will keep the love that keeps us strong.  
And friends and friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them
 and a friend will not say never 'cuz the welcome will not end. 
Though it's hard to let you go, into the Father's hand we know 
that a lifetime's not too long to live as friends."

I just had the most amazing 18 hours with two of my most amazing friends!  I had the house to myself as the children were off with their aunt and uncle in Chicago (thank you Amy and Mahon).  This gave me the opportunity to go for dinner and pampering with Angie and then slumber party with Traci.  And as the sun filters through the eyelet of my cotton curtains, I discover that I am now face to face with the giant I knew was pounding his way towards me as I started this journey.  The giant of farewells to two ladies I love more dearly than I ever dreamed possible.  Friends that I have searched for all my life.  And what's worse is that tomorrow I must stumble my way through farewells to my dear church family.  And in the distance I hear yet another beast trodding his way towards me:  family farewells.  I feel that I am grasping for more time, for the right words....not to mention a magic eye cream potion that will keep my eyelids from swelling so that I resemble Rocky Balboa!  

Alls I can really say right now is, "Man, this is gonna' hurt."  

Thank you, God, that You are the conductor of my life.  
I place my tender heart in your care.  
You gave Your all for me. 
 I trust you with my all.

1 comment:

  1. I concur!!!!
    Yes -- I am thankful that He is our conductor and will not lead us astray. He did a wonderful thing by entertwining our lives. You are amazing and I will miss you more than words can even convey...

    ReplyDelete