Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THE SECOND DAY OF THE LAST WEEK - Part 2

After a night of fonduing and thrift shopping with two wonderful girlfriends, I was ready to face day number two of the last week of the kids attending North Love Christian School where they had gone all their school career.  Little did I know the heartache that would bombard me out of left field.  This pain was not at all associated with the farewells that will be said in three short days to the cherished friends of many long years.  Rather, it was as if I experienced a visit by ghosts from Christmas past and Christmas future that had been lurking in the corner.  I took the morning praying and reading God's Word and now am claiming Psalm 91.  A few verses from this chapter include:

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress:  my God in Him will I trust.  Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.  He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust:  His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.


Because he [ginger] hath set his [her] love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him [her]:  I will set him on high, because he [she] hath known My [Jehovah] name.  He [ginger] shall call upon Me, and I will answer him:  I will be with him [her] in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation."

Therefore, I will no longer let fear, disappointment, and sorrow dictate how this week progresses.  I will leave it in God's hands.  He is the One whom I have set my love upon.  All I love and those whom I love are all in God Almighty's Hands.  He is the Compass of this great adventure down this faith-blazed trail and I can trust Him no matter what scary noises sound from the thicket along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment