Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THE THIRD DAY OF THE LAST WEEK - Part 3

It has come to this.  The midsection of the week:  Wednesday.  It is likened to the support of a teeter-totter at a playground.  Wednesday.  The day that holds Monday and Tuesday in one hand and Thursday and Friday in the other.  And on this middle-of-the-last-week-day, God blessed me with the opportunity to design chocolate covered pretzels all by myself.

You see, I was going to be doing this with my children Tuesday after school.  It's a tradition you know!  I truly do love this tradition with the four little ones and all eight hands and 40 fingers; however, I discovered that my microwave had departed its earthly existence yesterday morning, and even though I tried to fix that problem by buying a new microwave....the NEW microwave I bought proved to be victim of a manufacturer's defect!  Thus, Wednesday morning (today) was my only time to prepare the 76 chocolate covered pretzels I had committed to making for teachers and caroling.  Thanks to my husband, who went out at 9:30 last night to obtain a functioning microwave, "Willimena Wonka" was back in business this morning.

I even found a 24/7 Christian Christmas music on-line radio broadcast to add to the festivities.  Melting.  Dipping.  Sprinkling.  Tasting.  This was a welcomed activity and did my heart well as it had been left a bit tender at the sight of my dear Chu-Chie face this morning in the parking lot.  This "sighting" reminded me that each "hello" I have in the next few and fleeting days only brings me closer to our "goodbye."  So, chocolate and salt and pretty colored sprinkles was the gift God gave me today on this step of my trail blazed by faith on this great adventure.

1 comment:

  1. God gives us such wonderful blessings...such as but NOT limited to: AMAZING friends, chocolate, laughter, crazy hats, did I mention amazing friends? :)

    I'm glad He gave you chocolate and salt.

    ReplyDelete