Friday, February 10, 2012

Of Mountains and Men

     This probably won't be a very creative post, but I do have some thoughts I'd like to share.  Actually, I have a lot I've been thinking about but time does not allow me to share all of these topics that have been dancing around in my gray matter.  Perhaps that's a good thing for you, my reader.
     After some pretty seriously sad goodbyes, we have been enjoying some great hellos!  The mountains, for one thing, take my breath away.  I do believe that the Cascade Mountains and the Olympic Mountains are truly the prettiest ranges in North America.  What's cool about living in this area, we are constantly surrounded by these gorgeous mountains; however, they are not always visible because of the overcast skies that drip precipitation.  But then, on those glorious days when the clouds give way to blue sky, THERE THEY ARE!  These mountains that reach up toward Heaven like two best friends meeting again after a long absence.  The sun lights up their snowy covered caps and the atmosphere pours iridescent blues, purples and even pinks to the already whiter than white.
     Not only are they beautiful, but the mountains are huge!  They are strong.  They are ....well, they are majestic!  What a great reminder of their Creator.  Our Creator.  The God of All simply spoke these into existence.  Or, maybe they actually erupted from beneath the ground at the time of the Great Deluge - Noah's Flood.  Nonetheless, GOD created these spectacular, awe-inspiring peaks!  The same God that looks down on this little speck called Earth and has His Heart turned toward this little sprite of a girl named Ginger.  Now that's amazing!
     So, the clouds are kinda like our thoughts sometimes.  We get so distracted by the world around us, the worries around us, the materialism and humanism around us that we forget we have an all-powerful God just waiting to shine on us.
     And then theres the moon and the stars out here in the Great Northwest.  No kidding.  I think that they are brighter and more "sparkly" than in the Midwest.  Maybe it's the Java....maybe it's because we are at a higher latitude on the globe.  It's awesome all the same and I will have to share my stargazing and coffee drinking times with you at a later date.
     One more quick note:  I am happy to announce that I live in the land where the robins go for the winter!  That's right.  We see robins every day and hear their little chirp, chirp.  We also have orange-sided towhees and stellar jays.  Also, the last two picnics we have had at the Sound have been graced by the presence of a  bald eagle flying overhead.  For some reason, we are the only ones standing there with mouths agape watching our national bird soar above our heads.  This must be a normal occurrence here in the Northwest - to have eagles at picnics.  For me, I hope I never tire of these sitings because I want to mount up with wings as eagles.  I want my strength to be renewed as the eagle's.  And I want to abide under the shadow of my Lord's wings.

1 comment: