Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PENDING VACATION

Oh, to fast forward through all the preparation of a family road trip
 to the placing of one's posterior upon the passenger's seat upholstery,
 prop up one's feet, 
 and 
peer out the window at the passing scenery.

This is but a dream, for I am waist deep in tasks-to-be-completed such as clothes washing, linen changing, household cleaning, luggage lifting, toiletry totaling, snow suit searching, hat hunting, mitten menagerie and *snack food sanctification.

I try to tell myself to enjoy myself as I prepare for this pending vacation but each time a child bounds up to me bursting at the seams with light-hearted questions from their carefree little bubble like, "How many more days 'til we leave, Mommy?" I feel the vice of time pressuring me into pandemonium.  

It will be worth it all, I'm sure.  And really, it hasn't been all that bad, this road trip round-up.  It will be quiet nice, in fact, the more I think upon what is to come.  I should bring along some board games and Dutch Blitz to play on those cozy nights after sledding in the Cascade Mountains.  Yes.  It will be lovely.

My posterior is upon the passenger's seat upholstery,
my feet are propped, 
I peer out the window at the passing scenery.
Please pass the Pringles.



*snack food sanctification:  the setting aside and perfecting of food meant for nutrition between meals which has been tainted by indiscriminate imaginations and intents of immature hearts and bellies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment